Healing Green Smoothie Recipe to Increase your Energy Levels
Looking for a good, healthy green smoothie recipe? Whenever I find a recipe online, I end up changing so much of the ingredients that I only ever really use the instructions. But that’s not even entirely true because my kitchen is so high tech, my appliances require less time so I really only look for recipes for inspiration. If you’re the same way, you’re in luck because this green smoothie recipe is actually more like guidelines. I have been using for years.
It’s important to know that green is a healing color as it helps us to balance the extremes in life. This green smoothie recipe is a perfect way to get some green into the body to bring balance and healing.
This green smoothie recipe, or guidelines, will make for a smoothie that can eliminate waste and increase energy levels when consumed daily.
Just follow these guidelines if you want your green smoothie recipe to be healing, because not all green smoothies are equal. Some could have lots of sugar, or be inedible because they aren’t tasty. Then there’s the subject of produce quality that needs to be considered, as well as the correct amount of each ingredient.
So let me explain in detail, what a green smoothie needs to be:
- Low in sugar
This means stay away from too many fruits! Hard to believe, but true if you want the benefits of your green smoothie recipe to outweigh the cons. A handful of fruit is all you should use.
The green smoothie should be green (but it can also be brownish). Most of the smoothie should be made of leafy greens and be made with:
- Low starch vegetables
- The majority of ingredients needs to be a combination of low starch vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, cucumber or celery.
How to consume it.
Chew your green smoothie (yes even though it's blended). This will help you extract the positive energy from the food increasing the benefits tenfold. The consciousness of green smoothie consumption needs to be one of mindfulness.
What do I mean by fresh?
- I mean fresh produce from the earth
- Organic (meaning no chemicals)
- If it's frozen, make sure that what you are using looks the same in its unfrozen state. If not, it's probably something else.
- If bugs like it, it's good. Wash thoroughly though because eating bugs decreases energy and actually attracts negativity.
The green smoothie recipe needs to be tasty. Otherwise, you won't want it now, or ever again.
Try this green smoothie recipe as a baseline and mix and match till you find your favorite combo:
- 2 cups purified water
- 200 g spinach (or about 5 cubes of frozen spinach)
- 1/2 cucumber (or 10 thin cucumber slices)
- 1/2 green apple
- 3 celery stalks
- ⅓ to 1 fennel bulb
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/2 - 1 spoon salt
- Handful of fruit of your choice. My favorite is a handful of strawberries.
Optional healthy additions:
- 1 Lime
- Mint (a few leaves)
- Ginger root (start with the size of an olive as this can make it spicy and is good for digestion and stones)
- Local raw honey
How to prepare your delicious Green Smoothie:
- I put the water in first and then add the softest ingredients, that way the Vitamix can blend without the tamper. I also slice the cucumber and cut apple, celery, and fennel into quarters or halves.
- This above baseline can be mixed and matched. It's just important to use low-starch veggies as the majority of the recipe.
- Drinking this green smoothie recipe daily can help with weight, high cholesterol, increase energy levels, quality of sleep, detoxification and increase overall vibration. I have also found the smoothie to be fulfilling as a meal too.
- Try to drink it in the morning, or as something to have in the middle of the day. Don't be lazy about it, the amazing benefits are worth it!
- This should be introduced slowly into your diet to avoid burning out on it. Detoxification can be intense, so ease into this drink with 1/2 a cup for the a week until it’s easy to drink an entire glass in a day.
As with all things, we only use the best devices, and that means we use our Vitamix processor. If you don't already have one, it's worth the investment.
We use ours several times a day, and not only for our green smoothie recipe.